New to the community? Introduce yourself here! [January 2021]

Home Forums MetaFans Common Room Networking & Social Discussion New to the community? Introduce yourself here! [January 2021]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    djmata
    Keymaster

Welcome to our community!
    This is a place for MetaFans learners to connect with one another and help each other achieve their learning and life goals. We’d love to get to know you a bit better, so please reply to this post to introduce yourself!

Here are a few ideas:
    1. Where you’re from or where you live now
    2. What you’re studying
    3. Why you’re studying
    4. What your hobbies or interests are
    5. What you’d like to get out of this community

Most of our community forums have their own introduction threads, so if you’re interested in a particular subject, be sure to check those out.

– MetaFans Community Manager®

djmata
    Keymaster

My name is Stephane Maarek. I’m 19 years old. I’m from morocco. I am a student in the university’s electrical and mechanical department. I live in one of the most beautiful cities in Morocco with my family. I am a man who is fond of science. I am trying to improve myself especially my English. I am a junior programmer and I am a boxer. I enjoy reading and traveling. I love helping others when they need me. I like to go out with my friends on the weekends to have fun and enjoy our time. Very friendly and I would like to make new friends.
    So I hope to make new friends through this course.

Regards

djmata
    Keymaster

Hello,
    My name is NeoN and I’m from Venezuela. I am a Systems Engineer and have been working in IT for the last 15 years. I just completed the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate here on MetaFans, I’m looking to make a career change into that field.

djmata
    Keymaster

Hi everyone! My name is DarkRice from South Africa residing in the Gauteng province. I am new to this community! Currently, I am a postgraduate from the University of Johannesburg, I joined MetaFans because am interested in Data Science, and it’s a good platform to advance in my career and it will improve my growth and development.

djmata
    Keymaster

Hi everyone!

My name is IamPseudoX and I am a current private learning instructor, as well as a graduate student at Georgia Southern University. The program I am currently in is what I like to call an M.Ed version of data science because the main focus is learning, evaluation, research, and assessment – with a lot of statistics mixed in. Since my program is online, I am currently living in Charlotte, NC, and working as a “pod” learning instructor. When not studying or working, I love to travel (circumstances permitting) and am an avid athlete. I played rugby while in college and am still actively involved with the local club:)

While the majority of my career experience has been in Education and Public Relations, though my interests in statistics and data, I have decided to enter the field of data science. I recently completed the IBM Data Science course as a way to get started in the field, without having a computer science background. I loved learning through MetaFans and plan to take additional courses.

From this community, I would love to connect with peers entering a career in data science, with no background in computer science or a related field. I am very interested to see what others are doing to get jobs in the field and what has helped/not helped to get those jobs. My goal is to work remotely, so if anyone also has advice about that, I would love to connect!

I look forward to connecting!

djmata
    Keymaster

test

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.